Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Joel!

So I'm a total LAME mom! It's been just over 3 weeks from Joel's actual birthday and I'm just now blogging about it! There are a numer of reasons why, but mainly because both the boys and I had the flu for a full week. I was literally out of service for a week which actually put me WAY behind in so many different ways. BUT I am determined to not let life pass by without doing my little boys' birthday blog so he will know just how much he has blessed our lives! So here's to you Joely!
Happy Birthday!
In Joel's class they have a week where they are the "Star Student". For this project, they (actually the parents, right?) can put pictures of themselves on a posterboard that tell about their life. This happened to fall on Joel's birthday week. So, Dan and I decided to do a picture of Joel from each year of his life. Here they all are and I do have to say he is quite the handsome little boy! He goes from bald baby to tons of hair and curls, to a short, little boys' cut....so cute!
Joel's birth announcement! The theme for his room was wagons and kites which my sister-in-law, Amber gave to me. I just LOVED the idea and thought it was so cute. However, of course there is hardly anything out there with wagons and kites; which was very frustrating for Dan and I didn't want to let go of the idea. My mom saved the day and painted wagons and kites in his room for us. I do have to say that it was a very cute room!

Here's about 6 months old.

This is at Easter--he's just learned to walk and is one years old.



Here he's about 18 months old during the summer--still with no hair, but he's sporting his new cowboy boots!





This was at the good old "Clallam County Fair". Dan was gone on a missions trip so Nathan, Joel, Ellie and I loaded up and met our homegroup there. Of course, we had to stop and let the kids climb the tree, which is now one of Joel's favorite things to do! My sister-in-law, Katie, is a nurse at Haborview and so now the boys where helmets if they want to climb too high of a tree!

This is Easter once again! But now he's 3 and has hair!




This is our last summer in Port Angeles--isn't he just so cute!




Another one of Joel's favorite things to do is dance. Here he is rocking out at Sean and Katie's wedding.



What little boy doesn't like to run? But here he is at the annual school jog-a-thon, running like mad!



This was at Christmas time this year. The kids went with my parents to the "Stanwood Christmas Lights". They obviously had other things there besides lights. Joel, Nathan, and their cousin, Curtiss got their faces painted---isn't that an amazing tiger? Nathan got Anakin, but Joel went for his all time love--animals!


Joely, we think you are an amazing little boy and love to see all that God has for you. What a priviledge and blessing it is to be your parents!






4 comments:

Katy Robinson said...

I am SO happy that you got around to blogging! You just needed a little kick to get going, right? :)

Joel is just adorable. I'm blessed by him!

Marlayna said...

Joel really is a gorgeous little guy Conne. Happy belated birthday. He is just a little less than a year behind Courtney, I didn't remember they were that close.

You need to write more often missy!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I just realized I haven't stopped by your blog in ages... How are you?? I hope Summer is happening around your place these days!

Blessings,
Sasha

Craig said...

Conne,

I was checking your blog today, and found out it has been almost exactly a year since you last blog. Meaning… now it's Joel's birthday again in 2010. If I didn’t look at the date I would of thought you were blogging for this year’s birthday. I want to wish little Joel a Happy Birthday! Hope you can blog again soon. Love ya, Erika