Monday, December 8, 2008

The Christmas Spirit (or the lack of)

Dan and I joke that all we have to do to ensure foul moods in all our children and in us is put Christmas clothes on them and then proceed to say, "It's picture time!". You can have one without the other and everything is fine, BUT if you combine them--forget it! The normal problems seem to arise like getting the camera to focus when the kids are actually smiling and getting the kids to not move after I put them in the right place or getting them to look at the camera. EVERY YEAR these are the issues--you think we'd learn.

Cute, but look at the lovely blinds in the background.....


Check out Nathan's frown--I think I threaten to take away the DS if he couldn't "be happy" about taking pictures.


The threat worked, Nathan has a smile and Joel and Ellie look adorable, but oops I cute Nathan's head off. At this point I gave up! Fun times, fun times...maybe next year I'll remember to not combine the two instead of dreaming that this year it will be different.


I just can't give up on the idea of pictures in Christmas clothes this year. So, as we're leaving the church I try again---don't think that will be the picture to send out!





3 comments:

Marlayna said...

I know your pain Conne and to make it worse, John could care less about Christmas pictures so he is no help. I didn't do pictures last year and I probably won't this year either. It is just too much work. I am getting to the point that I will just take pictures throughout the year and if there is a good one I will stick it on the card. Naaaah, I hope to get back to pictures next year.

I think your attempts turned out great, I think anyone of them would be great. But I know as a mom you just want them to be perfect.

Buhler family said...

I get frowns (or silly faces), even when they are not in Christmas clothes! We (moms) feel your pain! Although I got a good laugh reading it!

Stephanie Joy... said...

i miss you all terribly and can't get enough of reading about you! your posts make me smile and warm my heart. see you soon :)