Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy 8th birthday Nathan John!


It is our tradition in the Pursley household to hang streamers up on the bedroom doors for our kids to wake up to on their birthday. This year, Nathan reminded us and told us to not forget to do that after he went to bed!
Nathan and Austin getting ready to be "given" water. They were reinacting Indy's father being sick and Indy getting a special kind of water to heal him.

One of Nathan's best buddies, Austin, has his birthday 2 days after Nathan's (the same day as our nephew's). So, this year we decided to have an "Indiana Jones" party together. I used my emotions (and not my brain) and thought we shouldn't leave anyone out and invited all the boys from the class and some from church (Austin's family goes to our church as well) and well all of them came and we had 16 2nd graders! Thank God it wasn't at my house (sorry Kim) because you all know how that would have freaked me out.... Dan saved the day and had amazing activities for them to do. I couldn't understand why my husband, the youth pastor who has 50 middle schoolers in one room for an 1 1/2 every week, was freaking out about 16 2nd graders. Well it was quite a show and let's just say Nathan and Austin had a blast (and so did all the other boys). Happy Birthday Nathan!

3 comments:

hollybengtson said...

I can't believe he's 8! Where does the time go?

Marlayna said...

I can't believe he's 8 either! I didn't even remember his birthday was on the 3rd. Josh's is on the 4th and mine the 5th. What a busy week. Happy Birthday Nathan! Sounds like Dan did a great job on the party activities.

Anonymous said...

Howdy Nathan,
Happy 8th Birthday from your friends down in Austin, Texas! We wanted you to know that we received your "flat" Nathan and his passport. We can't wait to take him around Austin. We are even going to take him on an airplane with us in 2 weeks when we fly to California! What fun!
xoxo,
The Abdine's